Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Songwriting Challenge

OK, this will be a quick one. I've decided to do a songwriting exercise. I'm going to write a new song every week, record it as well as I can, and post it online every Thursday evening. I really think that forcing myself to write like this will improve my songwriting; and putting it out there will help me get over my self-consciousness about my music, and it'll probably help me write better material while loosening up my sense of perfectionism. So, stay tuned. I've started on this week's tune, and I'll post it Thursday evening.

The idea is to write with fewer constraints as far as good/bad judgments go. Obviously I won't be trying to write badly, but the goal is more to write a complete song, not necessarily a "great" song, every week.

Wish me luck!

No comments: