Friday, July 15, 2011

The Song Project, Week One

So here's my first song. It's called Lose the War. I guess.

I'll admit, this was far tougher than I thought it might be. I had so much trouble letting go of my sense of perfection about the lyrics. I don't think they're terrible or anything, but I spent way too much time this week wrestling with them. I ended up running out of time before I had a chance to write and record a bridge.
Over all, I think it's a pretty decent song. For next week, I'm going to try and spend less time writing, to make it more challenging. Again, I'm going for a complete song, not necessarily a "great" song.

1 comment:

Jim Rosen said...

What a great idea. Sounds hard to me but could be fruitful. I like your first song. If you had not told me you wrote it in a week, I would have never guessed. I hear about musicians writing and recording songs very quickly to finish an album and then that song becomes one of their favorites or popular or something unexpected. One of Melissa's friends is doing a 365 day project where she paints, draws, or fashions a house every day and then blogs about it. And another guy here in Richmond did it a while back by creating a skull every day. He has actually made a name for himself. He and his skull a day book were on Martha Stewart a while back. Pretty neat projects that have some similarities to your project as far as approaching the art with the Nike mentality. Here is a link to the house a day blog. http://happyhomemaking365.blogspot.com/2011/07/house-no-194-toll-house.html

Can't wait until next week to hear the next one! Good job on the first one!